Lorentz Solution’s PeakView is a fully integrated platform for high speed and RF IC electromagnetic design and analysis. What differentiates PeakView from point tools is the following:
- PeakView is suitable for sign-off use by modeling teams. Its accuracy and speed have been proven on numerous test chips, RDK work with the leading fabs, and high volume production in RF and high speed analog designs.
- Designers can use PeakView in the flow for new device creation with its PCircuit synthesis. Complex devices can be ‘what-if’ed to arrive at optimal tcoil, transformer, balun, tline or cap configurations that best suit the designer’s needs. Multiple devices can be compared in the Device Editor. One button syncing with the layout editor means that designers can now have direct access to an EM tool.
- PeakView’s synthesis with PCircuits does not require any costly and time consuming EDA vendor set up: no scalable models are needed. As soon as a new process profile is created in PeakView by specifying the layer stack-up, the full power of PCircuits is available. Also new and complex devices with high port counts are easily synthesized. There is no dependency on pre-characterization of the process or the cell – just set it up and run. This opens a much larger design space for our customers.
- PeakView is used at the circuit level to electromagnetically model critical interconnections for RC and L right inside of the LPE flow. This means that complex critical nets can be easily and properly analyzed during design iterations, with no manual intervention, and no hookup errors (you know what we mean). The resulting circuit simulation accuracy removes resonance frequency guesswork prior to tape-out.
- Now one tool takes the place of two (design and modeling) and it also moves into circuit level design to become an important factor in accurate circuit level analysis.
- PeakView is tightly linked to Cadence Virtuoso and now also Laker. PeakView’s PCircuits that are used to create passive device designs work equally well in both layout editor environments. PCircuits are process independent and can easily be modified or created to handle new devices. Unlike Pcells, they are compact object oriented and PDK driven.
- Any complex hand drawn layout or PCircuit generated structure can be electromagnetically simulated by PeakView. It has a fast full wave 3D field solver built in that is tuned to IC design. The built-in geometry parser allows for accurate and efficient analysis of metal fills, via arrays and other complex structures.
- Once a device is created and electromagnetically simulated by the patented full wave 3D field solver, compact convergent DC accurate Physics Based Models (PBM) are generated as RLC sub-circuits. Users get s-parameters and also RLC SPICE sub-circuits for simulation. Process variation and temperature coefficients are supported.
- Continuous and ongoing customer and foundry silicon correlation projects ensure accurate results on a wide range of structures and devices. Special focus on capacitor structures, and proper handling of metal fills, guard rings, and pattern ground shields yields excellent correlation up to and beyond the highest frequencies used for today’s designs.
- PeakView has a built in visualization window for viewing voltage, current and meshing. It also features a built in chart window. Its GUI based operation is perfect for increased designer and modeling team productivity.
PeakView is the only Electromagnetic Design Platform for IC designers.